Attorney Sergio Garcidueñas-Sease is the 2016 Recipient of the Carl Maxey Award! Sergio received this award from the Washington State Association for Justice on June 24, 2016 in recognition of his commitment to diversity in the legal profession.
The critera for the Carl Maxey Award is as follows:
A WSAJ member who has demonstrated a sustained commitment to diversity in the legal profession by:
1 acheter viagra doctissimo. Making efforts to increase and maintain diversity in the profession (individually or by participation in local or national bar association programs) by mentoring high school students, college students and/or law students to assist them in their goals of becoming attorneys;
2. Making efforts to increase and maintain diversity in WSAJ by encouraging attorneys of diverse backgrounds to become WSAJ members;
3. Working to educate WSAJ members and the legal community as a whole about assumptions both that affect the practice of law and that are based on societal stereotypes of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability;
4. Hiring, retaining and/or promoting minority attorneys within their firm;
5. Making extraordinary efforts to promote and maintain diversity within their firm;
6. Representing those who challenge discriminatory practices based upon gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability; or
7. Making extraordinary efforts to promote the goals and programs of WSAJ to increase diversity at all levels of the organization.
To watch the Sergio accept his award at the awards ceremony, click here.
More from Tamaki Law
Scores of Sexual Abuse Survivors Come Forward in Response to Santa Fe Archdiocese’s Request for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection.