Sadly, it has now been determined that infections from mold were the cause of death of six children between 2001 and 2018 at Seattle Children’s Hospital.
Initially thought to be isolated incidents, Jeff Sperring, CEO for Seattle Children’s Hospital, said they now believe the infections and deaths were likely caused by the air handling systems in the hospital’s operating rooms failing to remove the mold.
Sperring called the discoveries a “heartbreaking time for all of us at Seattle Children’s,” and he issued an apology “to all of our patients who depend on us.”
If your family has suffered health complications after a visit to Seattle Children’s Hospital, contact the Tamaki Law team today.
More from Tamaki Law
Scores of Sexual Abuse Survivors Come Forward in Response to Santa Fe Archdiocese’s Request for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection.