HELENA, Mont. — The Roman Catholic Diocese of Helena has posted on its website the names of former priests and other employees who were accused of sexually abusing children.
The list, posted Wednesday, is one of the conditions of settling lawsuits filed by hundreds of people who said they were abused by priests, nuns, and others dating back to the 1940s.
The Independent Record reports the list is to remain on the website for 10 years, being updated as necessary.
Attorney Bryan Smith of Tamaki Law said posting the list is an indication the Diocese is atoning for what happened.
Diocese spokesman Dan Bartleson says the list includes people who were named in the lawsuits as well as some the Diocese added that had been accused internally of abuse. Most of those named have died.
Click here to see the full news article.
More from Tamaki Law
Scores of Sexual Abuse Survivors Come Forward in Response to Santa Fe Archdiocese’s Request for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection.